Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Learning Curve

 

     If you have any questions, concerns, ideas or even just would like more information on getting some work done here at the shop, I am here to help. 
     So another week and the learning is different daily. One day I am looking for parts that go to a new vehicle. The next hour I am looking up parts for a classic.
     The daily struggle for me is the lingo. What one company calls one thing the next one will call the EXACT same part something totally different! Who said you can't reach an old dog new tricks? I am going to get this if its the last thing I learn! (what I tell myself when I'm getting frustrated)
    Yesterday was spent looking up parts for a retro late 80's vehicle. Google was not my friend and had to call all of our part vendors, who I am sure are tired of my voice, and realizing how expensive it is to keep an older model safely on the road. I myself drive an older model SUV and have decided to stop dropping tons of cash on repairs to it. I try to do them myself but some I truly just don't want to deal with the being filthy at the end SOOO I pay someone else to get dirty for me.
    Yes, yes I know, "you work AT a shop!" I still have to pay the guys for their time and all the parts I need. I have learned something about myself  "I can do it, but why should I when someone else could do it faster and I don't need to crawl on the ground?" I  am grateful they provide me the service I no longer wish to do. I'm going to leave the hard work for the younger kids and I am just going to enjoy NOT doing it. 
     Being in the service industry most of my adult life I enjoy my jobs, YES every single one of them. Some I didn't enjoy for long and others I now know were the best times of my life. I have made some great lifelong friends turned to family but being able to share what you learned and the issues you had learning is what makes us, well US. This job I now enjoy to the fullest is a new experience every day and its AMAZING. I still get to meet new people, talk story with others, and have a new outlook toward all the work that goes on behind the scene at almost every repair shop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Holidays and New Year

Its that time again, yep the Holidays. Folks are getting visits and time with family. Getting delicious food and new memories to look back o...