Friday, October 15, 2021

Behind The Grease

     For those of you who know me, you already know this story and for those of you just joining this wild ride known as my life I'm going to give you a quick recap of the last 10 years.

     After living in California my whole life the guy I was with wanted to come live with his family on Maui. I was ready to take that step forward and try a new adventure so why not?? Life happened and things between him and I didn't work out and we split. Just days later we found out we were going to be parents, our best surprise EVER! Being that I was older and pregnant my doctor took me out of work and ordered me to take it easy. Again life keeps rolling and after our blessing was born I lost two amazing men just weeks of each other, My dad and Uncle lost their battle with lung cancer. 
     More time passed and I got a new job. One willing to work around the hours I need to be a mom and still put food on the table. Covid hit and life came to a crashing halt. I was lucky enough to keep my job and the hours needed to be a mom and make money but the stress was getting to me. Life happened yet again and I made the choice to leave that amazing place in order to find something I could learn from and grow. 
     I found myself talking to the owner of Otto Shop Maui and they needed to hire someone to be their service writer and well I found something new I was eager to learn about with an amazing chance to learn more. So present day that is what I am doing, I work for Otto at his shop trying to keep things running smoothly and help with the part of the job that is behind the grease.  

     I have been here working just over a month and so far so good. I am really enjoying the new job and skills I'm learning. Most of the time people would refer to someone not well educated as "the mechanic" of the group. I have since learned that is NOT true in the slightest. ANY person in a specialized trade is AMAZING, the way they just KNOW what needs to be done... crazy and astonishing all at once. 

     I am going to leave you here today with that bit of info and will try to update you weekly on things going on in the shop and behind the grease. 
Please ask any questions you might have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holidays and New Year

Its that time again, yep the Holidays. Folks are getting visits and time with family. Getting delicious food and new memories to look back o...