Its that time of year again, Thanksgiving and then soon after Christmas. We are considerably slow this time of year for the fact that people are saving money for travels and time off work. Getting to spend with family near and far. I myself have stayed busy with trying to find new ways to get the word out that we have plenty openings for repairs.
If any of you readers happen to be on Maui and you mention this blog you will get a 10% discount off labor. Just a little extra help this time of year.
If any of you are wondering what it is that I do let me give you some information.
I start the day off with going over the daily work schedule with the techs and figuring out what will be needed (parts, fluids or labor) to repair the vehicle. Once we are done with that I proceed to check for missed calls and listen to any voice messages that were left over night. I call everyone back and make estimates and services then send them to the customer so they know exactly what it is we will be doing to their vehicle while we have it. No surprises here with what it is we are doing. If a car in the bay needs extra parts or longer diagnosis time I am the one that calls the customer and gets that extra time or parts approved. In other words, "we never charge you or do extra work without your approval." Once you OK what needs to be done I call around and see where we can get the needed parts then order them.
Everything is ordered and delivered, I double check the prices of each part and invoice to make sure we are all paying the right amount for parts and services. I place an identifier on the part invoice and file it away. Between all this I am answering the phone and ordering parts that are needed for cars that are in the shop. Just like in a kitchen we try to FIFO as well. Most of the times it works out in that order then there are a few times that it doesn't. We've have a car on a rack for weeks waiting on parts from the mainland. (though few and far between)
That is about it in a nutshell. At the end of every night I clean and sanitize the office, restroom and break area. Its busy and chaotic but I truly enjoy my job. The more I research and learn the more fun I find myself having.
No comments:
Post a Comment